Best Foods And Nutrition For A Healthy Brain
Eating well means thinking well. Nutrition and some food have been shown to improve general brain health and others can help prevent or at least slow down the effects of certain brain diseases. That's why it's important to include these foods in your diet as often as possible.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene, which helps fight the cell damage that can be found in Alzheimer's disease.
- Fish has plenty of omega 3, which help maintain a healthy nervous system, and iodine, to improves mental clarity.
- Whole-grain foods contain folic acid, B12, B6,which all improve in memory.
- Blueberries have been shown to improve short term memory.
- Blackcurrants contain vitamin C, for increased mental agility.
- Pumpkin seeds contain zinc, which enhances memory and thinking skills.
- Fortified cereals are a good source of B12, which reduces homocysteine levels that may contribute to Alzheimer's disease.
- Broccoli provides Vitamin K, which enhances cognitive function.
- Sage is good for improving memory.
- Nuts are a great source of Vitamin E, which improves memory.