We respect your privacy. This policy explains the accepted privacy practices for our services at .cognifit.com, including the purchase and online use of the CogniFit software and suite of training programs and any future software, product, neurons or training programs (the "Websites" "Product" and "Products" respectively, or collectively: the "Services"). It describes the ways we collect and use your personal information and your rights with respect to our privacy practices.
Personally identifiable Information that we may collect:
We collect your personally identifiable information, your preferences and the way you feel about certain issues posted on our websites only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. When you register, use, subscribe or purchase the Products or Services, we may ask you to provide us with details such as your age, name, your physical address, e-mail address, and telephone number, nationality, city, country of residence, payment information or any other information. By registering, using or purchasing Products, subscribing, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older or that you have the consent of your legal guardian. When you subscribe to the Services, purchase a Product, share content, vote on the content presented to you, take an online cognitive assessment test, complete a training, play a task/game, play with neurons, challenges or other features available in the Websites, we may ask you to provide us with additional details, such as credit card information, as well as characteristic information such as gender, language, country of birth, birth date, computer experience, health condition, whether you are left or right-handed, whether you are color blind, and other questions related to your everyday life and personal habits (e.g. occupation, sleep hours, medications, alcohol consumption, smoking habits, etc.). We will specifically designate the fields for completion.
Further personally identifiable information may be collected while we monitor your performance and progress and when we exchange communications with you, for example, if you submit an inquiry to our customer support. Likewise, you might indicate certain preferences, thoughts and emotions, which might be used to understand your set of preferences and offer you additional activities, personalized recommendations, search ability and additional services and features.
We may automatically collect information through the use of log files and other means. If you register with the Services, then the information gathered will be partially personally identifiable. If you are not a registered user, we will not knowingly make use of information personally identifying you, except as specifically indicated in this policy, or on our Websites.
What do we do with your personally identifiable information?
We may use personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the Products and Services and to enable you to use and pay for them;
- to provide you with a cognitive evaluation and assessment based upon the results of tests you take and the personal details you provided. To provide you with a choice of tasks and games to train and play on and allow you to play with the neurons;
- to improve and customize your experience with the Services;
- to enable the development and improvement of the Products;
- to better learn about and understand cognitive patterns of users;
- to better lean about and understand emotion and thought patterns of users;
- to provide you with support, assistance and updates;
- to handle inquiries and complaints and to collect fees;
- to send you updates and notices, to provide you with information relating to the Services and to provide you with further marketing and advertising material, subject to your prior indication of consent. At any time you may opt out of our mailing lists, by changing your notification preferences in your account page on the Websites. In any case, we will not share your personally identifiable information with any advertisers, without your explicit consent;
- to facilitate communication between you and us, and between you and other users on the Websites;
- to contact you when we believe it to be necessary;
- to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies as required;
- to collect fees and debts, and to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity thefts and any other misuse of the Services;
- to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and us, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- to transmit or transfer your personal information to locations other than your place of residence;
- to recommend new training programs and features, and/or to offer further Services.
Additional Personal Information we may collect
While you are using the Products and Services online, the software processes the data you entered and shared to produce output, recommendations and other results based on the features available on the Websites. The software can also produce your cognitive results and assessment and let you play games/tasks, play with neurons and challenges. We may use your results with those of other users and for other statistical and analytically purposes. CogniFit will use your username and password to automatically save the full results of any evaluation, game, task and training session you take including the amount of neurons available on your account. Your personal information will be kept with us in compliance with this policy. You can decide to share your identifiable information such as your name, score and neurons with other users on the CogniFit Websites. You can change at any time your privacy preferences in your account page on the Websites.
We may use your results with those of other users to search and present relevant content to other users and operate features of the Websites. For example, we may use your results to statistically understand what other users might find interesting and relevant, and improve our recommendation and matching algorithms for your benefit as well as the benefit of all users. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us (for example when you add a connection to your account or invite a new user, we will use the information provided to contact this person via email or other communication tool).
The information we share with others
We may share personally identifiable information with others in any of the following instances, or subject to your explicit consent:
- when you use the Services. In these cases, we will share your information only to the extent required to facilitate your use of the Services (such as when you share content, search for content, keep track of your posts and votes, play with neurons, challenges, match you with other users, follow other users or invite a connection on the Websites
- when you perform an online cognitive assessment test, training session, play a game/task or an assessment in any other form. In these cases, we may share your personal details and our evaluation of your performance with a third party (such as your insurance company, or your employer's car fleet manager), if the test was ordered by the third party, or otherwise conducted in collaboration with the third party;
- if we reasonably believe that you have breached the Terms and Conditions, or abused your rights to use any of the Services, or performed any act or omission that we reasonably believe to be violating any applicable law, rules, or regulations. We may share your information in these cases with law enforcement and other competent authorities and with any third party, as may be required to handle any result of your wrongdoing;
- if we are required, or reasonably believe that we are required by law to share or disclose your information;
- in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and us, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- in any case where we may reasonably believe that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or damage to property;
- if we organize the operation of the Services within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity, or if we are acquired by, or merged with another entity, provided however, that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy, with respective changes taken into consideration;
- we may also share personally identifiable information with companies or organizations connected, or affiliated with us, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies, with the express provision that their use of such information must comply with this policy;
- when referred to the CogniFit websites by an Affiliate, Partner or Distributor, CogniFit might share personal information with the referring party when/if it is necessary to complete the process and/or provide the service for the user.
Log files and aggregated information
When you use the Websites, subscribe to the Services or purchase a Product, we automatically collect further information and store it in web-server log files. For example, we may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Websites, the duration of your sessions, the web pages that you visit, the information that you read, advertisements that you view or click on, and the geographic location of the computer system that you are using to sign-in or use the Websites.
We may use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information, including by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information through the Services, and providing the information to users, suppliers, business partners, affiliates and any other third party, at our sole discretion, provided however, that the information will not identify you personally and that we will not knowingly, or intentionally use such information to reveal your identity without your consent, under the terms of this policy.
We may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information to properly operate and administer the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience and customize the Services, to create new services, to change or cancel existing content or services and to facilitate other internal, functional and statistical purposes.
Accessing your personal account
At any time, you may access your personal account and edit, or amend your personal information and privacy preferences. If you find that the information, such as the billing or shipping information is not accurate, complete or updated, than you must make all necessary changes to correct it. Please keep in mind that providing false, incorrect, incomplete, or out dated information may prevent you from registering with or using the Services, and/or may impair our ability to provide you with the Services or provide you with support and contact you when required.
At any time, we may review, retain and disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, as well as our internal needs. However, by doing so we do not either expressly or impliedly endorse, affirm or in any manner assume any responsibility for such information.
Deletion of personally identifiable information
If you wish to delete your personally identifiable information that is stored in our databases, you may contact us at Support. You can also delete your account directly from your account settings on the Websites. CogniFit will inform you whether your request has been accepted and may refuse to comply with your request, for example, if CogniFit believes that deleting certain information might prevent maintaining necessary contact with you, or jeopardize certain activities on the Websites, or harm other users. In any case, CogniFit may keep any aggregated or anonymized information for statistical, marketing and other purposes.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number, national ID, personal health information) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). [To learn more about SSL, follow this link
We implement information-security systems and procedures to secure the information stored on our servers. Such systems and procedures reduce the risk of security breaches, but they do not provide absolute security. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that our services are immune to unauthorized access to the information stored therein and to other information-security risks.
Our Websites may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
We may post customer testimonials/comments/posts/votes/reviews on our Websites which may contain personally identifiable information.
Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your computer's hard drive. If you wish to block our cookies, then please use the help button in your browser and follow the necessary instructions. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent your use of the Services, or certain features thereof.
We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
We use another company to place cookies on your computer to collect non-personally identifiable information to compile aggregated statistics for us about visitors to our site.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children when using the Services. Children means individuals who we have identified are not of legal age to consent to the collection and processing of their personal information. In the United States and Latin America, the term 'children' refers to individuals under 13 years of age.
When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children's privacy, including:
- Notifying parents or legal guardian about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that; information, and whether and with whom we may share that information;
- In accordance with applicable law, obtaining consent from parents or legal guardian for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our Services directly to their children;
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity;
- Giving parents or legal guardian access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
Last Updated: August 10, 2014.